Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Attempts to make Eden's frizz go away...part 1 and 2

Hey everyone! If you have taken Grace's braid out of her hair you may have noticed that it's just not good, she has bad waves that were from the braid. I have heard that you can dampen their hair and then put a straightener on low heat and get it out that way, but being me, I am way too nervous to do that (but I may think about it if nothing works.)
First attempt.
I put her hair in rollers! She looked really cute with them in. I had dampened her hair and put the rollers in and then waited for the night.
See.:)
Silly pose!
The problem spot.
----
Well, it didn't work. The weird wave was still there.
Second attempt (which is still ongoing.)
I have put Eden's problem spot inbetween two dictionaries, and other heavy things, like a bible and a rock etc. I've dampened her hair and now am waiting for the results. I'm probably going to wait till late tonight.
------------------------------------------------
I'm really hoping that this last one will work better than the first one....:/
                     -Emma-
Have you tried getting Grace's wave straight? Do you have any tips?

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope you get it to work, Emma! I'm planning on buying Grace, so if you can get her "problem spot" to go away, it'll help me too =)
    ~Loren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have Grace (yet;)) but I really hope this works for you - if it does, I'll try that to get the wave out of Grace's hair whenever I do get her. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can make Eden's "problem spot" go away! I'm going to get Grace, so if you can make the wave go away it'll help me too.
    ~Loren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rather like my Grace's waves-I'm sure they will relax over time.
    Good ideas!
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's annoying that her hair is like that. I hope you can get it to straighten out. When I get Grace, I'll probably leave her braid in until it doesn't look good anymore. And if nothing works, you could always re-braid it.

    -Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morgan P, the longer you leave it in, the tighter the waves will be. It might be best just to take it out early and deal with it then. My Marie Grace still has random waves from her braids. :( Very upsetting. I also hate MG's pin curls! I read on another blog that a girl just yanked them out, and though I desperately want to do that, I don't know if I would regret or not. (By the way I got MG in 2012 and AG hair stylists in the store said her waves would eventually come out with water sprit zing and brushing..nope. Just frizzes it up. So basically MG's purpose is to sit on the shelf and upset me. :( :,( Suggestions anyone??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Marie Grace and I took her braids out as I was tired of them. She had a major case of the frizzies afterwards, so I used HOT WATER to take the frizz out. Worked great, you can check out how to do it on my blog:
    https://sayhellotomylittlefriends.wordpress.com/2014/11/30/straightening-marie-graces-hair-hot-water-method/

    ReplyDelete