Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Treasure Island - A Book Inspired Photoshoot

Hey everyone! Last week, I finished Treasure Island, and can I just say- HALLELUJAH! I AM FINISHED!!! That was the hardest book I have ever read. I learned that when I read, I like to read a lot of conversations and not a lot of explaining and blah blah blah. LOL! Which was the majority of Treasure Island. Some parts were intriguing and I enjoyed them, like the very end. I really liked the last ten pages or so.:) Anyway, I dressed Molly up as a pirate and took some pictures! Check it out-
She's looking for treasure! 
This picture was taken right after I found out that there was this creepy big gray bug that looked like an odd spider was on this tree. And so, I fled... 
Fifteen men on the dead man's chest-
Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum!
The story is about the young Jim Hawkins and his adventure to find Captain Flint's treasure. At least, I think it was.XD It was hard to understand what was happening! LOL!;) It had a lot of danger and mutiny and it gave me some inspiration!:)





Molly isn't dressed up like a character, the only girl in the whole story is Jim's mother, she's just dressed up as a man of fortune, or AKA a pirate.;) 


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what I learned today, was that bugs are awful. Heck, I already knew that! There was a huge yellow butterfly and it freaked me out, and I felt completely drained at the end of the photoshoot! Oh, right! There were bees too!XD
Anyway--
My favorite character was Long John Silver.;)
-Emma-
Have you ever read Treasure Island? Did you like it?

10 comments:

  1. Awesome photos! I like Molly's outfit.
    I HATE BUGS BE IT SPIDER, LADYBUG, OR BUTTERFLY.
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, my bug-hater sister! LOL!;)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  2. Molly looks adorable dressed as a pirate! (LOL, you need to send Jaclynn some of these pics...)
    I hate bugs, they are SOOOO gross. But strangely I don't mind butterflies. In fact, I love them!
    I have also never read Treasure Island, but I agree, I like a lot of dialogue/conversation in books too. :-)
    *Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! She actually reads my blog, but strangely enough, she can't comment.:(
    I used to be totally fine with bugs, but lately I've just been so freaked out!
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome! Molly looks so pirate-y! ;D
    I've never read Treasure Island, but I understand about lots of talking and not a lot of explaining. That happens a lot in older books (basically all that I have been reading lately, lol :D)

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!:) Yeah, I definitely prefer newer books!;D
      -Emma-

      Delete
  5. These are adorable! I love her outfit! :)
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read Treasure Island, and my favorite character was Long John Silver, too! I read it as a school book, but it was good just the same. ;)

    CutePolarBear

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read excerpts from Huckleberry Fin and gosh! I hate the style of writing, I'm a fast reader and it slowed me down.. I love the photo shoot! She is so cute dressed up as a pirate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the play Treasure Island at school and watched the movie :)












    ReplyDelete